Sunday, January 18, 2009

Just a little something to brighten your day

My friend Michelle posted this on her blog and I find myself going back to read it over and over. And I laugh each time too! So, I decided to steal her joke and post it here for more people to see since her blog is private.

Supposedly this is from the diary of a Pre-School teacher, but I am sure if you search it on the internet you will find many different versions.

My five-year old students are learning to read.
Yesterday one of them pointed at a picture in a zoo book and said:

"Look at this! It's a frickin' elephant!"

I took a deep breath, then asked..."What did you call it?"

"It's a frickin' elephant! It says so on the picture!"











And so it does...


" A f r i c a n Elephant "

I just laughed out loud when I first read it. Then I went back to show it to Kevin, and then to Michael, and I just keep laughing so hard! The joys of working with children!

Have a wonderful day all, and stay warm. I know we are:)

No comments: