Thursday, December 4, 2008

6 weeks and 2 days until D day

Getting closer every day:) Duh!
yesterday I managed to shovel the driveway and sidewalk, scrub down my kitchen (ceiling to baseboards) clean the bathroom upstairs and do two loads of laundry. Nesting instinct is in full bloom!
I also had my doctor's appointment as everything is fine. I was told to take it easy (thus the major cleaning and hard work I am guessing) as my back pain is more of a constant rather than coming and going now. I just want things done! I was also informed that she is head down, which is good, and she is actually fairly low down. She is facing my back, sticking her butt out right at my belly button, which kind of irritates my hernia. At least now I know why I am having such a hard time after anytime I eat! I am measuring about 2 weeks behind - so I am guessing we're right on target here, since that is what happened with the other two as well.

I am actually less stressed about getting things done now than I was this past weekend when I had lots of contractions. There is nothing we need that we cannot get within hours of her being born (Kevin just has to do the shopping by himself). Only Important things we need before going home is carseat, diapers and wipes. Everything else we can wing it with:) Of course, that being said, there are tons of things I would love to have ready before that!
I am thinking I will have a big shopping day right before Christmas, so that after Christmas I can just sit down and relax and wait...read a few books or something, or nest some more:)

Tomorrow I am working 9-1 and on Saturday I will have a looooong day (so much for taking it easy, huh) working from 8:15 until 5pm. I am looking forward to it though as I get to do Parents' Day Out. That is always lots of fun!
After PDO we'll head to church and after church we'll bring the children of some friends home for a sleep over while they go salsa dancing! I will probably do some cookie baking Sunday afternoon with the kiddos, but not sure about that yet. I do know I need to bake something for Kevin's work's Christmas treat day on Tuesday though.

If everything works out I might even go get the stroller and car seat, and get some of the "want"items as well as "need"items for baby, but it might just be nice to have a slow day at home as well:)

I am now off to watch this week's epidose of House with Kevin. See ya!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

WOW you got a ton done! I can't believe you only have 6 weeks to go. How exciting! I'm sure you'll get lots accomplished in the next 6 weeks!