- I have not gained any weight!! since last appointment 2 weeks ago, so that is exciting!
- We also verified that baby girl is head down, although she is still quite high.
- I am dilated to a small 1cm, so I feel pretty certain she won't be here in the next week.
- I am measuring right on track - 35 weeks - but since she is still high up my doc believes her to be quite a bit smaller than my other two (cross your fingers she is right!). My doc would not guarantee that though, so we'll see.
- Since my other two were bigger, they won't make me go over my due date
- And since Victoria came so fast they will make a decision whether to induce me or not at my next appointment (not induce then, but make the decision then) on January 2nd. They will probably set up an induction date for the next week as long as my cervix is favorable - whatever that means. It sounded like there is a greater chance for them to induce me due to the speedy delivery of Victoria than due to the big size of my kids. The doc indicated that since I was capable of delivering a 9lbs7oz baby without much trouble I should not have much trouble even with a 10lbs baby! Lets hope I don't have to even try!
I have my next appointment on the 2nd of January, and will start going weekly after that if I need to.
Currently I am planning on working at my nanny job until I go into labor, and at the Y through January 10th (Saturday before my due date), so we'll see how that goes.
I am not sure I would like to be induced as pitocin is not something I enjoy, but it would be nice to be able to plan when baby comes too! I guess if I am lucky enough she'll decide to come on her own before any indcution date:)
Other than that, not much is happening here in MN. People are slowing down because of the cold. We got a beautiful snow fall yesterday, but there is a severe winter storm warning for tomorrow pm, so we'll see how that goes. I would feel bad for the kids missing out on school on Friday as it is their "winter"party (Christmas party), and the last day of school for this year!
Victoria was under the impression that she will be entering 1st grade when she went back to school, so I am glad we figured that out now rather than in January so that we could explain to her she has to be in K until the summer!
I still have shoping left to do. I am waiting for money to be given to me by 3 people who want me to shop for my kids from them, and I hope I can get it done before the weekend! I think Thursday and Friday would be so much easier to shop on than Saturday and Sunday! The stores are going to be crazy with last minute shoppers!
My to-do-list is dwindling down as well, so that is awesome! I was hoping to be able to bake some Norwegian Christmas treats, but decided not to. We have too many already and I have so many other things that are more important to get done. And, Kevin already got a pan and a half of his favorite treats, so he is all good. The kids don't care what they get, as long as they have some yummy stuff:)
I do have to make some more fudge for my work treat exchange on Friday, but that should be pretty quick to do. I am glad I found out why my 2nd batch did not turn out as good as the first though. I forgot to add the vanillla! The kids like the 2nd batch, so I am not going to tell them:)
Ok, back to tidying up.....wow, that sounds nice....to only have to tidy up and not clean and scrub! If only it would stay like that! Unfortunately, I am not great homemaker! I can cook and clean, I am just not a very tidy and organized person! If I ever win big in the lottery, I am SO getting a cleaning lady to come in every week!