Thursday, July 31, 2008

Visit from Family

It has been a while since I last blogged and all I can say is that we've been busy!
Between the visit from my brother and Kevin's sister and the kids and now my parents our house has been bustling. the good kind of bustling of course!
I am working this week and next, but have a week off after that, so I will get to spend some down time with my mom and dad. Tomorrow they are taking Michael and Victoria with them to visit my grandma's cousin Fred in Milwaukee until Sunday or Monday. Kevin and I will be heading to the Cities on Saturday for a Twins game and hopefully a trip to the science museum.

Hopefully the weather will hold up for us when we have time off. So far this summer we have not done a whole lot of yard work, although I did put mom and dad up to some work just yesterday and we weeded my overgrown flowerbeds (my mom knows better than me what is weeds and what is flowers), sprayed down the patio and got rid of some moss and weeds coming up through the cracks in the bricks, as well as emptied some containers with dirt that I planned on emptying in early June!

Oh, and we also checked out my little vegetable garden. I now have a whole two tomatoes on one of my tomato plants! ?Yay! Kevin is happy about that. I also have three cucumbers coming up and some green beans! I am learning each day what is good and bad and vow to do better next year!

Another thing going on is that my parents offered to buy us a digital SLR camera! Yikes! Kevin is doing research (he is BIG into research) and I am anxiously awaiting his decision:) I am hoping to take a class through community ed later on this year so that I can fully use the plethora of options on the camera. And who knows, maybe by this time next year I will have some award winning pics on my blog:) I still have a long ways to go before I get to where my wonderful cousin Marthe is at. I just love her pics and hope that she is ok with me posting some of them on my blog. My favorite one is of my grandma and grandpa's house in Norway.
Hmm..for some reason I cannot post it, so I 'll have to wait until I have more time to work with it.
I just wanted to up update and let you know we're all still alive!

Hopefully we'll have some more pics to post after this weekend too, both of Kevin and I and the kids with my mom and dad.

Have a wonderful weekend all!

No comments: