Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Cravings galore

Over the past few months, we've gotten really good at meal planning and trying new recipes. When you only leave the house every two weeks  to go shopping, it becomes an adventure!  I thought I would be excited about going out shopping, but I realized I am much more happy at home!
That being said, we are getting creative with out baking and meal making, and the girls are trying their hands at a lot of new things. It is fun!
But then, out range decided to give up on us, so a lot of time was spent researching new ones. We finally found the one we wanted and ordered it, and on Monday it was delivered. If only that was the end!  Nope, it turned out it was a lemon, so we barely had it in our house before it moved back out and we are back to using our old range (which is quite temperamental if I may say so).
So, we had to put our waiting hats back on.

Since March we have grilled homemade pizza, made flamkuchen German style, made instant pot chocolate cake for a birthday celebration for the kiddo who happened to turn 10 during our lock-down, Brats and burgers on the grill, Copy-cat Olive Garden Zuppa Toascana, Pulled pork nachos, Rondane crock pot meal, Chicken Cordon bleu casserole, Thai, Thai, Thai (and maybe even some more Thai), skoleboller, Lo Mein, Fried Rice, no-bake cookies, waffle iron cookies, big Ham and Au Gratin potatoes (which is quite an adventure when your oven does not work the way one would expect!), Cauliflower soup, dronning Maud pudding (a few times actually), fried cheese curds, fried donuts, fried shrimp, and many other items I can't even think of.

Now my thoughts are moving toward cravings - Risgroet, Komler, Smash, Melkesjokolade, Mokkasjokolade, Pistasjiskrem, lapskaus, joikaboller, sour candy, julebrus, chocolate with black licorice in it (yum!), Knott, Hockey pulver, Riskrem. At this point, I would even take the quick and easy bags of premade stuff - just add water - if only I could get some of my favorite Norwegian foods! If anyone want to take pity on me, let me know and I will send you my address:)  I actually went as far as checking Amazon for these items, only to find that the ones they had, would not arrive until July, or would cost me more than my college degree!

First world problems, that is for sure! I really have so many things to be thankful for, when my current unmet cravings are at the top of my annoyance list!

Until next time - Stay safe and be kind!

No comments: